Greetings amateur radio operators in southern Indiana. The we are happy to share details for our upcoming Spring Park Activation and Swap Meet set for April 27th in Lawrence County.
- Saturday, April 27, 2019
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Spring Mill State Park, Donaldson Shelter (park gate attendants will provide maps and/or directions if you ask)
- Bring gear to get on the air
- Bring gear to sell/swap/trade/barter at the swap meet
- Bring snacks or food to share with everyone
- The Donaldson Shelter area offers parking (including a few accessible spaces), a shelter house, outdoor grills, potable water, several picnic tables and there are restrooms with running water nearby.
- Talk-in on 145.52 FM simplex
We’re looking forward to meeting hams from Lawrence and surrounding counties. Anyone with an interest in Amateur Radio is welcome as are hams’ friends and family too. The event has no fee, but SIARA always welcomes donations to help us prepare and host events like this. However, the park *will* charge their normal entrance fee at the park gates – rates are daily (save your receipt), per vehicle, and include all passengers:
- Non-commercial vehicles with Indiana plates $7.00
- Non-commercial vehicles with out of state plates $9.00
- Annual Entrance Permits & Golden Hoosier Passports also accepted
- For more info, see: https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/5062.htm
Update Weds. 4/24: We’re watching the weather forecast – which is showing a chance of rain on Saturday. Since we have the shelter house reserved, we won’t let a few spring showers ruin the event!
For more information about Spring Mill State Park, including maps, scheduled events, and general park information, see their website: https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2968.htm